Tuesday 6 January 2009

The Start

OKay so I'm going to watch The Wire. From the beginning. Never before have I heard people talk about a show in such a way so my expectations are pretty high. I know virtually nothing about it except that it involves crime and is, according to everyone I've ever spoken to, the BEST SHOW EVER! Numerous friends have tried to sit me down to blast through the box sets, but instead I've got my hands on the whole thing and I'm gunna watch it after work, on my own. The only true way to appreciate such a thing.
The Sopranos has set the standard, and is my most beloved programme. the mix of drama, tension, action and politics is so addictive. Lets just hope this 'Wire' business can live up to that.

Currently my favourite shows of this type are:
Sopranos (obviously, I'm a bloke)
Carnivale (RIP)
Prison Break (for sheer adrenaline)

I've not even seen 5 minutes of it, so tonight I shall get my first helping of The Wire. Will my life be the same? I'll keep you updated...

No comments:

Post a Comment